VP – Data Engineering
The VP – Data Engineering will help with the modernization and transformation of the data ecosystem within Moody’s Investor Services (MIS).This person will build, maintain and influence a range of data initiatives across various business areas and drive the build out modern cloud-based data engineering practices.
Key responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Develop, build and test data engineering pipelines
- Lead a team of data engineers and data analysts to implement a modern data ecosystem to support various functions within MIS
- Recruit and build high performing team of data engineers to execute and operate at scale
- Champion the target state architecture and move data gravity from on-premises to the cloud through migration of data assets and workloads to the cloud
- Leverage ELT (Extract-Load-Transform) and distributed data mesh architecture to transform the way we manage data in the organization
- Manage data driven initiatives involving timelines, vendor relationships, and budgets to ensure projects are delivered with the highest quality and within specified timeframes.
- Help develop baseline technology standards, tools platforms and processes in support of the overall data strategy.
- Work closely with business and technology colleagues to create platforms built using modern, consumer focused technologies
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field12+ year’s financial industry experience
- Technical understanding of relational and NoSQL databases, with implementation and support experience
- Documentation of business and data requirements experience for the purpose of data modeling
- Understanding of Relational and Dimensional Modeling, Normalization, Key Structures, Indexing, Partitioning, etc. Experience with ERWIN, ER Studio, or other data modelling tool preferred
- Proficiency with SQL query writing in a modern relational database environment, and data analysis and reverse engineering skills are a must
- Knowledge of Python, AWS tools and services, and modern data architecture concepts (such as Microservices Architecture)
- Knowledge of current database and data movement technologies
- Analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with the team and other areas within Moody’s
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with business stakeholders, developers and senior management.
- Self-starter and results oriented, with a focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to be an effective individual contributor and an effective manager
- Proven track record of leading successful data solutions
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.