AVP / VP – Senior Blockchain Backend Engineer
In support of our drive for continued innovation within MIS, we recently created a MIS Blockchain Center for Enablement (C4E) team to focus on translating blockchain and crypto-assets related business needs to define use cases and requirements, support blockchain engineering team to develop production grade applications as well as build required technology infrastructure and increase dialog with institutional enterprises and blockchain service providers for potential opportunities to apply blockchain technology. This illustrates our commitment to invest with intent to grow our existing alignment of talent and business needs in a manner which advances progress of MIS’ strategic initiatives.
The Blockchain Backend Engineer will join our Blockchain C4E team to take the initiative, work independently, lead cross-functional project teams and produce high-quality work in collaboration with business partners, blockchain analysts, data engineers and data scientists to build robust data processing pipelines in an automated and testable fashion. You will be a key member of the Data Strategy and Management function in MIS Tech focusing on a broad range of activities to identify, develop and implement new blockchain and crypto-asset opportunities for MIS. You will be part of a team of individuals responsible for supporting successful project deliveries for our Blockchain C4E. The role will also be responsible for Agile delivery and managing and driving a team of blockchain engineers and contributing to the development of MIS’ multi-year strategy and goals.
The duties of Blockchain Protocol Engineer include:
- Stay up-to-date on development within the industry and maintain deep understanding of existing and upcoming blockchain protocols and crypto-assets especially around emerging ecosystem trends and products. Become a domain expert on blockchain and crypto-asset protocols
- Design and develop solutions, as well as deploy smart contracts, with one or more blockchain frameworks like Ethereum, Corda or Hyperledger Fabric
- Drive deep research on various blockchain protocols and nodes management as part of platform evaluation to develop decentralized applications
- Learn and understand layered protocol approach to integrate crypto-economics with MIS’ legacy applications to produce a sustainable distributed and fault-tolerant ecosystem
- Support capturing and documenting technical requirements, functional specifications and use case models
- Architect, develop and deploy decentralized applications providing permissioned access to data at both the smart contract and protocol level
- Build capabilities to leverage blockchain oracles and interact with smart contracts.
- Partner with the blockchain analytical team, internal subject matter experts and business owners to discuss potential blockchain opportunities, investments, and/or acquisitions
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or Engineering preferred. Master’s degree and/or MBA a plus
- 7+ years of total software development experience
- 2-3 years of practical experience with crypto analysis, building blockchain applications, cryptography, stablecoins, DAOs and/or financial modeling
- Working knowledge of crypto-assets trading, token design and evaluation of blockchain protocols. Strong understanding of crypto-asset market dynamics
- Experience with project development life cycle, preferably within banking & capital markets environment, or leading crypto & blockchain startups
- Deep understanding of blockchain and crypto-asset industry, including DeFi
Must-have skills and experience:
- Minimum 2+ years working experience in one or many of the blockchain platforms like Ethereum, Corda, Hyperledger Fabric
- Knowledge and understanding of blockchain ‘Oracles’
- Experience with Linux and Ubuntu
- Experience with one or more public cloud technologies like AWS, Azure etc.
- Hands on experience in SOA with understanding of Web Services (REST and SOAP) and development of microservices
- Experience with Java based frameworks: Spring, Struts, Hibernate
- Experience with Angular or React/Redux
- Experience in work Container platforms like Docker, Kubernetes
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with Messaging systems like JMS, IBM /MQ
- Experience with streaming platforms like Kafka
- Exposure to Python
- Exposure to any machine learning libraries like Tensorflow or Scikit-learn
- Knowledge of Agile development life cycle, and system and application program development
- Good written and oral communication skills, as well as strong analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.