Website Rex Recruiting
From Opening to Onboarding
Head of Engineering (Software Development) – Remote
Our client is a rapidly-scaling SaaS company in the Robotic Process Automation space. Having graduated from Y Combinator in the winter 2020 batch, they have grown incredibly quickly to 200+ clients, and 50+ globally distributed employees. Founded by pioneers in the RPA space, with deep experience in the domain, they are backed by market-leading investors, including 645 Ventures and SOMA Capital.
Our client has continued and experienced dramatic growth through 2021, as are enabling unfettered access to the benefits of intelligent hyperautomation, without the typical enterprise-level costs and headcount.
This employer was recently named G2’s momentum leader in the RPA space for 2021, and our team has garnered a host of accolades; in just one short year they have made our way up the charts to become a top-ranked intelligent automation solution in the US, as ranked by both G2 and Capterra/Gartner.
Head of Engineering Role Description:
Our client’s explosive growth has opened up a host of new opportunities; we are presently seeking a Director of Engineering, working fully-remote, to help them continue our rapid scaling.
The Director of Engineering will lead the engineering department, will set up the processes and will oversee the execution of all software development plans.
Head of Engineering Responsibilities:
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects;
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines;
- Reporting to top management;
- Presenting budgets and plans;
- Implementing best practice engineering methods;
- Providing technical guidance to engineering teams and top management;
- Dismissing and hiring engineers. Coordinate their training;
- Finding and implementing ways to improve cost-efficiency;
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements.
Head of Engineering Requirements:
- Excellent project management skills;
- Work experience as a director of engineering (near 20 specialists) or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department;
- Ability to organize development process to obtain reliable product with good quality;
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development;
- Understanding of TypeScript, MongoDB, NodeJS, Angular 2-12, C#;
- Understanding of Test Driven Development;
- Familiar with CI/CD;
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field;
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies;
- Good understanding of agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
- Up-to-date knowledge of the IT landscape.
- Preferred fluency in English and Russian.
Head of Engineering Will Enjoy:
- You can work remotely from any place in the World (Slack);
- Interesting challenges and opportunities.
- Stable and competitive salary.
- Option Plan;
- Friendly international team without formalities.