Website Rex Recruiting
Job Description – Human Resource Strategist
POSITION SUMMARY The purpose of this role is to lead and support the development and delivery of Human Resource (HR) strategies, frameworks, policies and procedures in line with the organization’s Strategic Plan and People Plan. It is a key role in managing change and ensuring the achievement of the organization’s strategic goals. The primary role of the HR Strategist is to translate business strategies into HR priorities, ensuring they are implemented, monitoring results and revising as appropriate. Broad areas of responsibility for the Strategist include workforce planning and talent acquisition; employee engagement, recognition framework, compliance and other HR policies, projects and initiatives as assigned.
Human Resource Strategist Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of HR strategy and talent management initiatives within the organization.
- Responsible for all recruitment campaigns. Develop and maintain onboarding programs for all new hires
- Responsible for employee relations and employee succession planning and development
- Responsible for the management of all grievance and disciplinary issues. Support and advise management on disciplinary and grievance issues, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed, and assist in disciplinary and grievance meetings when necessary
- Provide advice and direction on employment law and compliance
- Manage, review and update performance management system to ensure it reflects the goals of the organization
- Formulates innovative HR initiatives, combining strategic business plans with possible changes in the corporate culture and people management practices.
- Ensures that HR strategies are integrated vertically with the organization’s Strategic Plan and horizontally with one another.
- Regularly analyzes the current status of the organization and identifies emerging trends visible in the market relevant to the organization’s workforce.
- Assembles information, identifies key stakeholders in the organization, designs strategic models, calls together solutions teams, develops and presents proposals and projects to stakeholder audiences.
- Creates the HR strategic planning framework; establishes the team, leads the group, ensures the project team completes all required tasks and provides project management oversight.
HR Policy, Projects and Initiatives:
- Supports the Organization by leading the development of policies and programs which are the framework of the employment relationship of people with the Organization.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership on the development of HR policies, projects and initiatives across the Organization
- Assesses current and future policy requirements to support strategic aims in conjunction with senior management Researches best practices to enable the best design of Organization policies
- Project manages the development, implementation and review of HR policies Provides oversight of contracts and contracted services required for the development and implementation of projects and initiatives
- Evaluates the results of HR projects and initiatives to ensure expectations are met and determines next steps for improvement and sustainability
- Assesses the equity and diversity impact of all HR policies
- In consultation with the Labour Relations (LR) Specialist, provides guidance on the interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures within HR and across the Organization
- Provides direction, advice and support on employee engagement
- Facilitates engagement surveys (re-surveying on a bi-annual basis); reports out on results; and develops and provides oversight to organization-wide strategies that flow from the survey results and priorities
- In consultation with other HR staff, develops a coordinated and consistent approach to the way in which the Organization engages with all staff directly and indirectly on HR related matters
- In consultation with the Communications Department develops and implements communication strategies and other mechanisms to ensure Organization leadership and employees are apprised of corporate HR programs and initiatives
Workforce Planning, Talent Acquisition and Management:
- Researches and analyzes workforce issues and trends in order to identify and recommend strategies for the Organization
- Works closely with senior leadership to develop Organization workforce/HR plans and key performance indicators that align with the competency/capability framework and medium and long-term needs
- Leads and supports the development of policies and programs which support the attraction, recruitment and retention of a diverse range of Organization employees
- Supports a strategic workforce planning approach to talent acquisition and management in conjunction with line managers and other HR staff
- In collaboration with other HR staff leads the development of guidelines, tools and supports for recruitment, assessment and selection processes
- Develops appropriate metrics to measure the outcomes of workforce/HR plans
- Plays a central role, in conjunction with the President in forward planning and strategy development for the division as a whole
- Guides the development and implementation of a succession management program for the Organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Systems thinker with the ability to conceptualize processes, procedures and best practices to support and grow the Organization’s people resources.
- Demonstrated expertise and skills in leading change initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent comfort level with technology
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Demonstrated expertise in leading policy and program development projects and contract management, within a post-secondary environment
- Ability to communicate in a clear and compelling way to different audiences, champion equalities and foster a culture of trust and openness
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse clientele, including senior leaders and union representatives using tact diplomacy and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively contribute in a team environment influence people to outcomes.
- Ability to see both the bigger picture and the detail in order to set a clear direction and develop goals that align with the Organization’s priorities and deliver results
- Ability to establish networks and create opportunities for engagement and involvement
Human Resources Startegist QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline such as Leadership, Human Resources or Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive working knowledge of employee relations and requirements, sufficient to lead the development and implementation of complex programs and projects across a national footprint
- Five years administrative, planning, and leadership experience
- Experience working at a senior level in a complex, fast-paced or entrepreneurial organization providing professional advice to a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.