Lead Solution Architect – REmote
Our client is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and development of connected systems for Water Technologies companies globally. The Lead Solution Architect is an important role reporting to the Sr. Manager IoT Platform and will be responsible for working closely with senior stakeholders, understand current and future business needs and define scalable solutions to advance the overall vision and strategy for our residential and commercial solutions. Performs all other duties as required to support Our client’s Connected Product Strategy.
The primary objective of the Lead Solution Architect is supporting business unit leaders with the right technologies to address problems and provide solutions that bridge that gap between the physical products and digital offering. Responsible to implement scalable solutions that enable our client to connect, qualify, cultivate, and service our customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading hard goods organization as we enter the world of connected products. Our client has been leading the water safety and conservation effort since 1874 and continue to invest in technology to move the needle.
*This role can be based remotely from anywhere in the United States.
LEAD SOLUTION ARCHITECT RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Leads solution design projects, paired with business-focused engineering teams, as well as 3rd party platform engineering partners.
- Work across Business units and technology partners to design end-to-end solutions for our customers using AZURE IoT and Mobile Services.
- Help develop an overall IoT and Mobile ecosystem engagement strategy.
- Define technical requirements and specifications for solutions (communication devices, embedded software, edge computing, cloud computing) and document.
- Provide technical and project guidance to development team.
- Demonstrate technology & solution feasibility for high value business requirements.
- Establish best practices, document, and communicate across business stakeholders.
- Understand Big Data problems and how to scale an infrastructure.
- Improve infrastructure performance, scalability, and availability.
- Design and develop data processing pipelines in the cloud, scalability, and availability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field experience desired.
- This position has no direct reports.
- 10+ years of software development experience, with established technical leadership across industry, discipline, and functions.
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft stack software development.
- Demonstrated implementation and deployment of Microservices and SaaS-based architectures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, business stakeholders and technical staff.
- Experience with REST, Message Queues, IOT gateways, IOT registry (Azure Preferred), Device Shadow, and IoT Rules Action.
- Experience embedded systems, device & communication protocols (Modbus, CANbus, Zigbee, BLE, LoRA etc).
- Working experience and good understanding of Application, network and device security.
- Experience understanding the current state of infrastructure, automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL/NewSQL, agile software development process, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Working knowledge of Industrial IOT and IoT principles, principally in designing cloud-based, service-oriented solutions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, able to work independently and provide updates to management.
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills, for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Some travel may be required (less than 20%)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in office environment or Work in a manufacturing environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
- As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Collaborate Across Workgroup
- Initiate Positive Change
- Deliver High Quality Results
- Focus on the Customer
- Develops Self & Others
Our client is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Our client will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.