Website moodyscorp Moody's
Moody’s is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions
Sr. Software Engineer, Data Analyst
The Data Analyst will support MIS Tech project initiatives to ensure that the business needs are met with usable, quality data. The role will serve as a key contact person between the various business and technical teams and requires a self-motivated individual with a diverse skillset. Skills needed for the job include eliciting business requirements, validating and documenting the requirements, creating data mappings, creating process and data flows, assisting with Data Modeling and providing testing assistance. The role will also regularly work with IT developers, business analysts, data modelers, and Enterprise Data Management resources to ensure that both the business needs and MIS Tech strategic objectives are met.
Key responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Contributes to data and IT projects as a business-minded analyst, performing full lifecycle analysis including data profiling, requirements gathering and documenting, data mappings, process and data design flows, data quality controls input, and testing assistance
- Establish and maintain a strong understanding of Moody’s business processes and data needs of the assigned business project and/or MIS Strategic objective
- Work with business stakeholders to define, analyze, and document business requirements to help implement solutions consistent with the needs of Rating Groups and other MIS strategic objectives, including use case development as needed for clear understanding by business and development teams
- Manage and support business and data requirements documentation
- Assist with conceptual data modeling concepts to align to data domains
- Ensures the various business applications maintained by MIS Tech reference the correct data sources, and facilitate consistent data structures and content across the organization
- SQL skills for data profiling and analysis, and ability to reverse engineer existing databases with minimal assistance
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Support data requests/projects and helps to interpret data sets
- Perform ad-hoc data/process analysis as needed
- Participate in Agile scrum teams and contribute to project planning and work prioritization
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Business/System/Data Analyst experience (requirements, data mappings, process flows, conceptual data modeling, etc.)
- Financial Services industry experience a plus
- Experience with SQL a must, experience with Data Profiling, ETL and Data Reporting tools a plus
- Knowledge of Python, AWS tools and services, and modern data architecture concepts (such as Microservices Architecture)
- Strong experience working in Agile environments, experience with design thinking.
- Ability to coordinate and assist teams to resolve complex analytical and technical issues
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to translate technical concepts to business concepts and vice versa
- Client focused, proactive, and results oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.