VP – Data Engineering
The VP – Data Engineering will help with the modernization and transformation of the data ecosystem within Moody’s Investor Services (MIS).This person will build, maintain and influence a range of data initiatives across various business areas and drive the build out modern cloud-based data engineering practices.
Key responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Develop, build and test data engineering pipelines
- Lead a team of data engineers and data analysts to implement a modern data ecosystem to support various functions within MIS
- Recruit and build high performing team of data engineers to execute and operate at scale
- Champion the target state architecture and move data gravity from on-premises to the cloud through migration of data assets and workloads to the cloud
- Leverage ELT (Extract-Load-Transform) and distributed data mesh architecture to transform the way we manage data in the organization
- Manage data driven initiatives involving timelines, vendor relationships, and budgets to ensure projects are delivered with the highest quality and within specified timeframes.
- Help develop baseline technology standards, tools platforms and processes in support of the overall data strategy.
- Work closely with business and technology colleagues to create platforms built using modern, consumer focused technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, MIS or other related field.
- 8-10 years of Data Engineering experience and at least 5 years of data focused leadership position
- 2-4 years of cloud based data engineering experience including cloud data warehouses
- Advanced expertise in creating and evangelizing best practices and methodologies.
- Demonstrated solid experience working on strategic projects in data management space
- Experience with AWS, data modeling, Snowflake will be a plus
- Ability to build, lead, influence and motivate teams through times of change
- Excellent communication skills with respect to both technical and non-technical audiences at various levels of the organization
- Demonstrates high EQ and self-awareness. Inspires teams to engage, innovate and deliver
- Passion for end to end solutions and delighting the end user through effective listening and expectation management
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.