VP – Senior Blockchain Platform Engineer
Imagine what we can DEVELOP with you
True leaders are always learning. Moody’s is home to information architects, thinkers, builders, and passionate problem solvers, a collection of diverse viewpoints working together to bring out our best. Join us. Forward Together.
We have an opportunity to join our cutting edge MIS Blockchain Center for Enablement (C4E) team. The C4E team identifies, designs, and develops blockchain and crypto-asset related business applications in collaboration with our blockchain engineering team as well as institutional enterprises and blockchain service providers. You will be a key member of Moody’s MIS Technology Data Strategy and Management function which offers a broad range of activities toward identifying, developing and implementing new blockchain and crypto-asset opportunities for Moody’s MIS strategic initiatives.
As the Senior Blockchain Platform Engineer you will identify and develop applications. including the infrastructure, using blockchain technologies such as distributed ledger technology (DLT), node/token development and design, smart contracts, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), blockchain analytics, and blockchain oracles. In this role you will work independently, lead cross-functional project teams and collaborate with industry leading, blockchain analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and various business partners to build robust, automated, and testable data processing pipelines. As a key member of the Data Strategy and Management function in MIS Technology you will be managing and driving an Agile team of skilled blockchain engineers and contributing to the development of MIS’ multi-year strategy and goals.
The duties of Senior Blockchain Engineer include:
- Define and maintain technical definition of entire blockchain stack including front-end, back-end, smart contracts, & blockchain protocol layers
- Oversees digital architecture vision and related design patterns for shared infrastructure and platform services
- Identify optimal technologies for the implementation of each component and connections between the components; performs Architectural review and Code-reviews.
- Create a forum for innovation with the blockchain technology community that drives thought leadership around the digital architecture roadmap and strategy.
- Design and develop solutions, as well as deploy smart contracts, with one or more blockchain frameworks like Ethereum, Corda or Hyperledger Fabric
- Design and develop front-end interfaces (e.g., Web3js) and RESTful APIs to support blockchain applications
- Identify and draft implementation guidelines to recognize novel ways of integrating blockchain and crypto-asset features in existing and new products and solutions
- Support in developing assessment frameworks to identify risks and merits of blockchain and crypto-assets, with a focus on platform, smart contracts, token and node design
- Develop and implement a governance process and metrics for monitoring of existing and new blockchain solutions
- Analyze and organize complex information from a variety of data sources to effectively communicate actionable insights and recommendations to the blockchain analytical team, executives, product management & engineering leadership
- Partner with the blockchain analytical team, internal subject matter experts and business owners to discuss potential blockchain opportunities, investments, and/or acquisitions
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or Engineering preferred. Master’s degree and/or MBA a plus
- 9+ years of total software development experience
- 6+ years hands-on experience in design, development, testing and operational support of Java, J2EE, JMS, Rest or SOAP, SQL or NoSQL, JSON, XML based applications
Must-have skills and experience:
- Minimum 3+ years working experience in one or many of the blockchain platforms like Ethereum, Corda, Hyperledger Fabric
- Deep understanding of core blockchain protocol concepts and designing systems working with one or more blockchain platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of blockchain ‘Oracles’
- Experience with Ubuntu or similar Linux distros
- Experience with Java based frameworks: Spring Framework, Apache Struts, Hibernate
- Experience with Angular or React/Redux
- Experience with containerization platforms like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with one or more public cloud technologies like AWS, Azure etc.
- Hands on experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with understanding of Web Services (REST and SOAP) and development of microservices
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with streaming platforms like Kafka
- Experience with Messaging systems like JMS, IBM /MQ
- Exposure to NoSQL database like MongoDB
- Exposure to Python
- Exposure to any machine learning libraries like Tensorflow or Scikit-Learn
- Knowledge of Agile system development life cycle, and system and application program development
- Good written and oral communication skills, as well as strong analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills\
Candidates for Moody’s Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.